Community engagement is a way of developing a working relationship between public bodies (such as our partnership or local councils) with individuals and groups from our county. Engagement involves understanding and describing – both qualitatively and quantitatively – the nature of the relationship between our community and us.
“True involvement provides assurance that we are doing the right things for those we care for.”
– Janice Anderson, NHFT Involvement Lead
Engagement can include
- Partnering with communities and patients for solutions
- Understanding and considering concerns and aspirations
- Getting feedback on analysis, alternatives and decisions
- Providing balanced and objective information