A poster explaining details of the schools competition called: you name it
You name it! Help us name our brand new website
It’s time to get creative! We are inviting secondary school students to help us name our new website.
Our new website will provide career education, a chance to experience work and provide clear guidance and advice on the many routes into a career within the NHS and social care in Northamptonshire. If students are feeling extra creative, they can design a visual and/or logo to go with the name too!
Please note: The competition is to win the ‘naming’ of our website; the logo is being asked to aid inspiration and creativity of the name. Should the partnership judges like a logo they see; the partnership will get in touch with the entrant to discuss the use of their design.
Top tips for students to get started:
Think of a name that would attract students to find out more about a career in health and social care and be in with a chance of grabbing a prize! Remember:
- It must be related to health and care
- It must be short and powerful in its message
- It must clearly portray its purpose – it’s all about our future talent, careers in health and care and the chance to experience working with us .
We are really excited to be offering secondary students in Northamptonshire the opportunity to get involved in the naming of this new website which we hope will be of use to them now and in the future, therefore we are offering some great prizes for the winner and runner up!
For the winner:
- A retail voucher worth £100 (or £50 each if worked in a pair)
- An opportunity to be involved in the development of the final logo for the website with your local NHS communications team*
- Recognition of your work on our new website and a highly commended certificate
For the runner-up:
- A retail voucher worth £50 (or £25 each worked in a pair)
- Recognition of your work on our website and a highly commended certificate
All entrants will receive a certificate for taking part and their work displayed on our new website.
Competition criteria and submission information:
- To enter this competition, participants must be a secondary school student in Northamptonshire (all age groups)
- The closing dates for this competition is 3pm on Tuesday 1 June 2021
- Entries must be submitted to Watts@nhft.nhs.uk with the following information:
- State student name(s)
- Teacher name
- Year group
- The full school name
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
- Creativity: (30%) innovation and creative ideas shown created something different, given real thought to the name, design and purpose of the website.
- Understanding of the purpose/aim of the website: (30%) understanding of the purpose of the website, why we need it, who it’s for and what people will gain from it.
- Audience appeal: (20%) relatable, lively, powerful in its message and appealing to audience
- Overall artwork and structure of the design: (20%) was the idea showcased effectively, clear and concise design and message.
Competition terms and conditions:
- The competition is open to all secondary schools in Northamptonshire only.
- The logo designs submitted have been requested to ‘inspire’ the creation of a final logo to accompany the winning name and not create expectation that the final submission would be adopted as submitted.
- Group and individual entries will be accepted. Groups must comprise of no more than 2 students.
- Only one entry per student or group of students will be accepted. Schools may submit entries from more than one student or group of students.
- All entries must clearly state student and teacher names, year group, the full school name and a contact telephone number and email address.
- Postal entries are not accepted – please send your online submissions by scanning your entry through or take a clear photograph or your entry and send it over to the email address provided – Laura.Watts@nhft.nhs.uk. The competition name must always appear in subject.
- The closing date for the competition is 3pm – 1 June 2021
- Entries will only be accepted online once all compulsory competition requirements have been included.
- The panel of judges will include one member from each of the employing organisations within the partnership. The decision of the judges is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first prize will be awarded to the entry deemed by the judges to have met the judging criteria most comprehensively. This student or group of students will be announced as the ‘countywide winner’.
- A runner up student or group will be selected and deemed as the countywide runner up and a runner up prize will be awarded.
- The student or group of up to 2 students submitting the countywide winning entry will receive a prize in the form of retail vouchers worth £100 or £50 each for a pair.
- The student(s) selected as runner up will each receive a retail voucher to the value of £50 or £25 each for a pair.
- Winning schools will be notified by email by 9am on Friday 4 June 2021.
- There is no cash alternative for any prize in this competition.
- Entries will not be returned to schools at the end of the competition.
- Northamptonshire Health and Care Partnership and employer partners reserve the right to reproduce and utilise in whole or in part the entries submitted by students for information, publicity and promotional purposes. By entering, each school agrees to secure parental agreement and authorises the use of names and name of the establishment to which it belongs and the names of participating teachers and students in any information, publicity or promotional activity linked to this competition.
- Entering this competition implies full and complete acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- *Involvement in the creation and final design of the logo will be subject to the participants availability on 7 and 8 June 2021 and will include being part of initial design concepts via meeting calls and reviewing designs received.