The Northamptonshire Health and Care Partnership (NHCP) consists of key health and care organisations in the county. Whilst we remain separate organisations with our own local responsibilities for the services we provide, we are committed to working together towards a shared vision of A Positive Lifetime of Health, Wellbeing and Care for our community.
We have been working together over the last three years to progress this shared agenda. More recently, the Covid-19 pandemic has added a whole other perspective to an already complex local landscape, presenting additional challenges in terms of ongoing outbreak management, and the physical and mental impact on local people and staff from their experiences. However, the multi-agency response across Northamptonshire has shown how partners can come together, united behind a common goal and working in a ‘system by default’ way deliver rapid innovation and service change.
At the start of 2020, we were already focused on maximising the benefits from a unique set of local opportunities in Northamptonshire:
- The creation of two new unitary councils (West Northamptonshire and North Northamptonshire) in April 2021, and a new Childrens Trust, through the Future Northants programme that will bring together the functions of the current County Council and seven districts/boroughs
- The establishment of a single Clinical Commissioning Group for the County, NHS Northamptonshire CCG, in April 2020 to lead the development of strategic commissioning for the NHS and hosts the Partnership Office on behalf of the system
- The formation of an acute hospital provider Group model bringing together the Northampton General Hospital (NGH) NHS Trust and the Kettering General Hospital (KGH) NHS Foundation Trust to provide and develop acute hospital services for the whole population of the County, and modernise the hospital estate under the national Health Infrastructure Plan 2 capital programme
- An integrated provider of community and mental health services across the County, Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, with strong links to Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, the emerging regional mental health provider alliance and local GP Federations
- The development of 16 Primary Care Networks across the County bringing together groups of local GP practices to provide integrated care and the co-ordination of support from across health, care and voluntary sector services.
- Development of the Northamptonshire voluntary sector assembly.
We are now looking to build on this and take a major step forward in accelerating our development, as we move from the current developing STP model, to a more maturing ICS set of arrangements by April 2021 and then a fully thriving ICS by April 2022.
We are therefore appointing to the role of NHCP Independent Chair to provide independent leadership for the next stage of evolution of the NHCP from STP to ICS status, maximising the benefits of collaborative working through shared planning, decision making and effective governance across all levels of place.
The Independent Chair will set the tone and ambition for the NHCP. The Chair will be an ambassador for our work, and working closely with the STP Executive Lead and core transformation team will play a critical role at the most senior level to drive forward the NHCP. The successful candidate will have substantial board level experience, strong interpersonal skills and personal credibility within their own profession/field alongside a strong track record of working within large, complex organisations that operate in a regulated environment.
Click here to view the job description
For more information and/or an informal discussion about the role, please contact Toby Sanders, STP Lead – email@example.com
Click here if you’re interested in applying for the position of NHCP Independent Chair or alternatively if you wish to submit a CV application, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing NHCP Independent Chair in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 2 September 2020
Interviews to be held on: Friday 18 September 2020
** Northamptonshire CCG are hosting this position on behalf of the Northamptonshire Health and Care Partnership**