Some of Northamptonshire’s most promising apprentices are gearing up for a special celebration of their invaluable contribution to our local health and care workforce.
The NHCP Apprenticeship Celebration Event 2020 is taking place at the Park Inn in Northampton on Friday 7 February, when dozens of apprentices from across the county’s health and care organisations will be honoured in a range of award categories.
Sponsored by Health Education England and with around 200 guests expected to attend, the event will feature a keynote address from Megan O’Connell (pictured second right in the image opposite), the Apprentice of the Year winner at last year’s awards.
Award winners are drawn from all of Northamptonshire’s NHS trusts – Kettering General Hospital, Northampton General Hospital and Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust – as well as adult social care, primary care and St Andrew’s Health Care.
Winners from across the participating organisations will be announced in each of the following categories:
• Behind the Scenes Award – recognising apprentices working in non-clinical positions
• County Nurse Award – for nursing associate or nurse degree apprentices
• Newcomer Award – for school or further education leavers just starting out as apprentices
• Our Values Award – recognising commitment to employer values
• Patient Experience Award – honouring those who exceed expectations to deliver the highest quality care
• Personal Achievement Award – for outstanding dedication and progress in an apprenticeship
• Team Working Award – for apprentices making a positive impact on team performance
• Apprentice Mentor Award – for mentors who inspire and motivate apprentices to success
• Apprentice Manager Award – for commitment to positively supporting apprentices to achieve success
Full details of award winners and photographs from the event will be published in the next edition of Partnership Update.